When you’re looking for value and capability in a midsize truck, a used Toyota Tacoma model can be the right model for you to drive. This truck is one that can be had in several different configurations to make sure you can enjoy an amazing drive on and off the road. If you’re trying to find more for your money, you’ll need to define your driving needs and desires.
Features You’ll Be Glad to Have in your Toyota Tacoma Model
Before we get into the specific trim levels you should be searching for, let’s cover some of the qualities that Toyota brings to the market with this truck. These are reasons you may love to have this truck when it’s time for a drive.
- The Right Size – A midsize truck can give you the smaller size that you desire, which makes it enjoyable to drive every day.
- Engine Options – Toyota gives you the option of either a four-cylinder or V6 engine for the used truck you want to drive.
- Cab Choices – Your search for a used Toyota Tacoma should include either the Access Cab or Double Cab as part of the search criteria.
- Bed Lengths – The bed of this truck comes in either five or six-foot sizes to give you the cargo space you need behind the cab.
- Standard Upgraded Technology – The infotainment system brings you Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Amazon Alexa, and three USB ports, depending on the trim.
- Satellite Radio – Enjoy listening to your favorite music and talk radio with the including of standard SiriusXM satellite radio.
- Off-Road Dominance – The TRD Pro version of the used Toyota Tacoma you drive is equipped with the off-road gear you need. You’ll have multi-terrain modes, AWD, a special suspension, and an under-body camera system.
- Record Your Adventures – This truck has a standard GoPro camera mount to help you record all of the fun you have in this truck.
- Standard Safety Items – You’ll find automatic emergency braking, pedestrian detection, lane-keeping assistance, automatic high beams, and adaptive cruise control in every version of this truck.
- Excellent Resale Value – Toyota is well-known for the resale value of their vehicles, and the Tacoma is no exception to this. You’ll get a lot out of this truck when you’re done with it.
Which Trim Should You Buy in Your Toyota Tacoma Model?
You’re looking for the right trim level of the used Toyota Tacoma that will be the truck you enjoy driving for many years. There are several trims with different features for you to consider. Let’s go over some of these now:
Tacoma SR (base model)
- Toyota Safety Sense Package
- Three USB ports
- Apple CarPlay
- Android Auto
- Amazon Alexa
- 7-inch infotainment system
- Rearview camera
- Tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- Lockable tailgate
- 16-inch wheels
- Tie-down cleats in the bed
- GoPro camera mount
- Keyless entry
- 4.2-inch gauge cluster
- Fog lights
- Push-button starting
- Smart Key
Tacoma TRD Sport
- Wireless charging
- Color-keyed hood scoop
- LED daytime running lights
- 7-inch wheels
- Ten-way power driver’s seat
- Panoramic view monitor
- Heated seats
Tacoma TRD Off-Road
- Multi-terrain select with Crawl Control
- Premium audio system
- Electronically locking rear differential
- Front skid plate
- Leather-trimmed seats
- Dual-zone climate controls
- Color-keyed bumper, chrome door handles
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alerts
Tacoma TRD Pro
- TRD Pro interior trim
- Fox internal bypass shocks
- Rigid Industries LED fog lights
- Hood scoop with TRD Pro graphics
- JBL sound system
- Desert Air intake
You’ll want to see your local Toyota dealer to have some assistance in figuring out which version of the used Toyota Tacoma is right for you to have the drive you’re looking for.
A Pair of Engines Round Out the Decisions
Since you’re after a pre-owned model, the version you have will be equipped with what the original owner requested. Search for a model of this truck with the powertrain you’re looking for. This truck is offered with a 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine that makes 159 horsepower and 180 lb.-ft. of torque as the base power plant. The upgraded engine is a 3.5-liter V6 that makes 278 horsepower and 265 lb.-ft. of torque.
You’ll have either a six-speed automatic or manual transmission and have either 2WD or 4WD with either setup, giving you a truck that can offer the capable drive you’re looking for.
Find the Right Toyota Tacoma Model Today
You’re looking for value and capability in the midsize truck you drive. A used Toyota Tacoma can easily be the right truck to take you where you want to go. Define your driving desires and look for the Tacoma that has the features and qualities that match what you’re looking for.
This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning a commission is given should you decide to make a purchase through these links, at no cost to you. All products shown are researched and tested to give an accurate review for you.